Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Gainesville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete control of your Gainesville home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Gainesville?
Wirelessly linking to devices with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also provides total remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can perform:
- Review real-time or recorded video streams from all integrated cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Gainesville by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to act. Note that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Gainesville
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when you first get your system, you may want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Gainesville home security system. Call (352) 922-3696 to learn more.